In 2009 the IRS changed its Form 990 that nearly all non-profits must file. The heavily revised form asks detailed questions about your compliance with state registration laws.
Many states have criminal or civil penalties for non-compliance. In 2009, we saw enforcement actions in Arizona and Washington, plus a $25,000 fine in Georgia. So far in 2010 a Florida charity has been sued for $10,000.
Fully searchable and clickable, Charity Registration: State-by-State Guidelines for Compliance includes for each state everything you need to know about registration:
- Whether IRS Form 990 is required
- Exemption criteria
- All the state forms you need
- Links to websites for state agencies
- Whether the Unified Registration Statement is accepted and what must be filed with it
- How long your registration is effective
- Whether annual financial reporting is required
- Explanation of unusual rules in the state
- Contact information for state officials
- Citations to governing law
The cost of the Charity Registration manual is based on your gross revenue.
Charity Registration: State-by-State Guidelines for Compliance will protect your officers and board members and it will preserve your reputation and bank account. Download the e-book book now!
Click here to use your credit card and download Charity Registration now. Or you can request a purchase order and we’ll send you download instructions when we receive your check.
Instructions, Forms, Procedures, and more…
All in One Place